Friday, December 26, 2014

Felt food Friday #1

I was lazing around my house today glued to my phone looking at etsy shops when I realized its Friday. FELT FOOD FRIDAY!! I'm sure your expectations were sufficiently lowered berfore the start of this series, so we should have no problem. Felt doll food isn't complicated to any extent, and very fast to make. Today we shall do the sandwich. Please read all bold print in a funny voice.
*gasps from the crowd* I need a sarcasm font.
You will need felt, of course.
Tan•green•yellow•red•brown•needle• thread
Cut two squares of tan felt, each a little larger than your doll's hand. This is the bread.
Now cut a "wiggly" shape from green felt, large enough so parts of it stick out from the bread.
Like so
Now we need a square of yellow the exact same size as the bread. Orient it so some sticks out.
Hello, finger! Won't you be a dear and move out of the way, please? No? Ok, fine. Be that way. [im not crazy, I swear]
Aaaaany way the meat, cut from the tenderloin of brown felt [hahaha... that's not funny, is it] can be a tad smaller than the bread.
I don't like tomatoes. But this sandwich isn't for me so were using them anyway. Mua ha ha haaaaaa.... I'm in a good mood today. O_0 I feel like this is just so simple I can stop explaining it now. A picture is worth a thousand words. Especially if you build ikea furniture. Just saying.
GOD DARN IT! There's ma finger again.
You see that little hole between all the tomatoes there? You don't want that. Overlap them so the thread will hold them all in place.
Look! The sandwich.
Now get your needle and thread...
And stab the needle through the sandwich! Listen to it scream! That is my sense of humor. If you don't like it (or snarky comments on things that cause me general displeasure) Then you should turn on the Snark Filter tm, the button on the upper right hand corner of your screen. Did you look? Was it not there? Hmmmmm... Did I mention it's nonexistent?
Ok I'm laughing at myself right now. I am my own best friend. XD
So now you're making tiny stitches to keep the sandwich together. Because I am a malevolent, evil person, I am not going to tell you how to be done sewing. Half of you will be stuck sewing forever and the other half will be racking your brains for a knot to tie it off. 
Actually I don't know how to explain. You can kinda tell from the picture though.
Now you are done (if you finished sewing)
Your dolls may eat it if they like tomatoes or can actually open their mouths.

Thank you for reading and dealing with my silliness. 
Love Gwen

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Ummmm, quick question... where can I buy felt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaels! The lovely store with anything and everything crafty you need! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sandwhich is sooo cute! I can't wait to see what the food for next Friday is! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P