Saturday, September 26, 2015

Ellie's writing contest thingabob.

morning reflections

I dearly hope everyone has had the chance to sleep in on a Saturday. To wake up slowly and see the gray morning light coming through their window, to hear the hum of the still sleeping house and the world outside, to appreciate the pillow cold against their cheek.


I dearly hope that every person may wake up to the rain, and listen to it pattering on the roof above their heads. To dance in the shower of a dreary day, watching the dust wash from the leaves of thirsty plants, and to find a vibrant flower on a dark gray day.

But some have cold ground instead of pillows and no roof for rain to patter on. Some's ears and eyes are too full of worry and sadness to hear the rain or see the flowers. Some are too sick to dance.

I could change that.

~~~
I'm great at forgetting things. I changed prompts 3 times, waited a week before writing anything, and then didn't post it. 
I'm great, I know.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely <3 Just out of curiosity, what prompt did you use? I'm on my phone and the picture doesn't seem to be showing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! You're right, it isn't there. I'll fix that. It was the one with the girl in the mirror.

      Delete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P