Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Giraffes and unicorns.

And guinea pigs. Did I mention them? They aren't giraffes or unicorns, so I suppose I didn't.
Then again, these guys are neither pigs nor from Guinea, so I suppose I will just have to cuddle Maria while she questions her existence as a guinea pig.

Shall we get down to business?


I got a whole bunch of awards. 
I really don't like awards. I've already told you how I find them meaningless, so we wont go over that again. 
The thing we do have to worry about is the Award Enforcement Brigade. This team of hardcore tradition followers is armed with torches and pitchforks and pleases and thank yous, reminding you to:
  • put that award on your sidebar
  • remember to copy and paste the image!!
  • nominate at least 5 people
  • put those gosh darn rules below the image, idiot! how on earth are people going to behave when the rules aren't there?
  • Thank and link back to the person who gave you an award.

Every single time I get an award I like to not do those things.
Ive gotten chased by wolves, fired at with please bombs, the whole nine yards.
*lifts shirt to show hip* look, here's some scars from the pitchforks
*waves arm at you* and here I got burnt by the torches!

None of that is true.

Ive pretty much stripped the award ritual down to just the Q&A, and even further, I'm not making any of you do this! Yall can just answer my questions in the comment box.

Who is your favorite retired Beforever doll?
Marie-Grace and Cecile, you can't have one without the other.
Do you do any sports?
I cannot sports. 
I will not sports.
Actually I could sports if I really wanted to,
But I don't care enough to sports.
I do not sports.
How long have you had your blog?
One year in November.
Tank tops or tee shirts?
Tee shirts. It's way easier to find snarky tee shirts than tank tops. Plus, tank tops don't make my arms look all that fabulous.
Manicures or pedicures?
DONT YOU TOUCH MY FEET, PEASANT. no. no hands either. Keep your nail polish and lotion to yourself, thank you very much.
Hockey or Baseball?
I do not sports.
Ponytails or pigtails?
Ponytails, when my hair was long enough. Now it's really short and I do nothing to it! its great! (actually, sometimes i forget to wash it. Then I stink. So you do have to do some things to short hair.)
Gwen's hygiene issues aside, Ponytails are the best cause they keep your hair out of your face and don't make you look like a 5 year old (i've done that before. i'm super cool in real life, trust me! *whispers* I don't even have a life to be cool in.)
Read or Write?
Read. I'll leave the writing up to the professionals.
Lots or dolls or very few dolls?
At first I thought "I'll only need one doll." 
...
Now I have 5.
Beforever or Truly me?
I've only ever bought TM dolls.
Music or art?
Music is an art. 
Art is music to my eyes.


Kara is a brand-spanking-new blogger. You should go check her out when you're all through reading this post. 
1. What are you wearing right now?
I'm wearing black basketball shorts with a green stripe down the sides, and my Star Wars Jedi Academy tee. Also my glasses. And underwear, in case any of you are getting worried. It's blue.
2. What has been a place that you've always wanted to go to?
Canada! Canada has a stereotype for being full of nice people, but even my cousin (who's grumpy and hard to please) says that you can feel the good vibes radiating off the place. (that's my interpretation of what he said, which was a bit more grumbly and inarticulate: "its just so awesome... ya know?" no, max, i dont know. I've never been there.)
3. What is your favorite BeForever doll?
 Kaya. she stayed with us for a bit and I adored her long, silky hair. 

4. What's your favorite color?
Blue, but it seems most of my clothes are gray, green, or black.
5. Skirt or Pants?
Pants.
6. Boots or Sandals?
Here, I made you an informative graphic to help answer that question.

7.  Volleyball or Basketball?
Oh my lord i can not sports to save my life (unless it was running. then i might survive. But if i was playing basketball or volleyball with a hungry monster, i would be dead.)
8. Store shopping or Yard sale-ing?
Interneting from the safety and comfort of my very own home.
9. What language have you always want to learn?
Umm, Elvish, Spanish, and a coding language, I suppose. I'm learning about JavaScript on Khan Academy.
10.Do you like putting puzzles together?
I find jigsaw puzzles to be tedious, but doing math is kind of like a puzzle. It is very fun when I know what im doing.
11. If you were in a canoe, would you tip it?
If you were in a spaceship, would you cut a hole in it and let the icy cold soul-crushing darkness of space get you?
didn't think so.

Here's an award from Jana at The Dolly District

At about this point there starts to be some weird highlighty stuff that comes from copying the questions from other people's blogs. I hate it just as much as you do, but to get rid of it you have to go into html and take out all the things that say color: white and something about #444444 and replace those with "transparent" but im way too lazy to do that and you are lucky you're getting a post in the first place. sorry, folks.

What is your favorite AG doll that you own?
Why are you even asking that?
I love them all.
even the ones i dont own.
i love them too.

Summer or winter?
Winter. My frozen blood seems to reduce levels of casualties around me that usually happen when im too hot.

If you had to do (another if you already do one) a sport, what would you do?
Everyone wants me to go out for cross country.

How long have you been into blogging?
1 year in November for writing a blog, 2 years in august for reading them.

What is your current favorite song?
Viva la Gloria by Green Day. I'm learning to play it on the piano.

What is a sentence you use all the time?
I've noticed that "so like" has slipped into my vocabulary. uh oh.
But Holy Mother of Nachos is kind of my thing.

Are you an extrovert or an introvert? (and extrovert likes to be around people all the time, and is very entergentic; an introvert likes to keep to herself)
Introvert. 
I hate talking to people and being in crowds. It makes me cranky and trapped feeling. AAGH. people r scary.
BUT.
If I've taken a nap beforehand, know what im supposed to be talking about, and have several people I am comfortable with close by to back me up, then yes, talking to people can be fun. (as long as it's in small groups for limited ammounts of time.)
DO YOU SEE MY PROBLEM?

What is your favorite brand/kind of shoe?
Converse with insoles from my favorite running shoes. (asics)

What (from your point of view) is the best dessert?
Tillamook mudslide ice cream. that stuff is my life force.

What is one of your hobbies?
Being a star guide, learning about astrophotography, drawing.
wanna see something I drew?
Aww yes. Proud of that.


And then I took these other questions from Ellie's blog cause there's giraffes.

1. Would you rather time travel to the future or the past?
past, because I know what to expect.

2. You can only be one of the following: wealthy, famous, educated, or widely beloved. Which one do you choose? Why?
Well.
If you are wealthy, you can buy yourself some education.
And if you were educated, you could choose to use your wiseness to be a nice person, which would make people love you, and being widely loved is the same thing as being famous.
BAM. That is my world domination plan, right there. All I need now is to be wealthy...

3. On a scale of one to ten, how cool do you rate giraffes?
11. They have long necks and black tongues. They are as cool as unicorns.

4. Favorite color combination?
green and purple

5. How long do you think the ideal human lifespan should be?
I wish there was less time in between your mind/body falling apart and actually dying. It's really sad to have people with Alzheimer's and cant remember their own kids or people who cant walk. It'd be cool if people's "health spans" matched their life spans.

6. If your mood were a weather forecast, right now it would be....
Sunny, with ominous dark clouds appearing in random places

7. Favorite social media site?
Ummm... tumblr? I dont have a tumblr, but I look at it from pinterest, I love the fan art and funny people.
The 30 Most Perfectly Timed Tumblr Posts
Do you know how hard it was to find a funny tumblr thing that had no swears or inappropriate stuff?
very.
yall are welcome.

8. Jeans or jeggings?
Dude. I hardly even know the difference. Is it clothes? Can I move around in them? then yes.

9. What is your favorite thing to put on toast? Or do you leave it plain?
butter and garlic

10. Do you like nuts? If so, what's your favorite kind?
Peanuts. I could not live without peanut butter


Ok. we covered the giraffes and the not-pigs from not-Guinea, but we never got around to unicorns.
I bought this tee shirt form Goodie Two Sleeves and i'm going to wear it to school.
If you don't think its funny you don't get to be my friend. Which works out great cause I have no friends anyway. (its really just an extra {albeit silly} protection from people who I may or may not be obligated to socialize with.) (friends are not the goal here, in case you couldn't tell.)



Questions for you to answer in the comments:
What is your biggest fear about school?

How has your concept of a higher power changed or developed over the years?
clarification update: by this I mean your idea of god or whatever it is that may or may not be *waves arms around* there.

If you could banish one thing from your life, what would it be?

Describe your ideal dwelling.

Describe what you wish the next GOTY will be like.

What makes you happy? Why don't you give up?

Recommend to me at least three books.

What makes you sad?


9 comments:

  1. thank you for the chart about what boots are good choices. i often feel like i'm the only one that doesn't like uggs haha.

    i'll probably come back and answer the questions in another comment later, but for now it's off to school for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not sports either.
    Twinsies my blog birthday is in november too. My old one anyway. :P

    Kay let's do this:

    What's your biggest fear about school? Failing a test. Yup. I've never COMPLETELY failed before, and I don't want to.

    How has your concept of a higher power changed or developed over the years? Well, I only really rule over my dog. If I want him to come, I start yelling "SAILOR GET OVER HERE NOW!!!!" but that doesn't always work. Okay that rarely works. However, I've definitely improved.

    If you could banish one thing from your life, what would it be? Traffic jams they are SO annoying.

    Describe your ideal dwelling. The library.

    Describe what you wish the next GOTY will be like. PLEASE AG DON'T MAKE ANOTHER WHITE GOTY!!!

    What makes you happy? Why don't you give up? Writing makes me happy. I dream to be an author when I grow up (SO REMEMBER MY NAME) and whenever I feel discouraged, I tell myself to try again later, when I have a clear mind. That teaches you not to give up. :)

    Recommend to me at least 3 books. The Selection series by Keira Cass, Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin, If I Stay by Gayle Forman, and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.

    What makes you sad? Goodbyes make me sad. :(

    -Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh I didn't realize how long a comment that was. Sorry!

      Delete
    2. Failing is a very scary thing indeed. In 6th grade I got an F on a test once, and that made me feel so bad that Ive managed to get a mostly A average from then on.

      At first I was going to tell you that I meant something spiritual by that question, but then I realized that maybe the thing about the dog works, discovering that creatures need to be treated gently and that yelling might not be the best way to go.
      High five. we're awesome.

      Id banish their cause: car accidents! More often than not there's some unhappy person at the front of that backup with a wrecked car. : (

      I'd want a library in a treehouse. OOH! or a library with a tree house in it! Like you can climb out the window with your books and there's this huge tree with a cozy, rustic reading room in it. That would be amazing.

      Yes. Yes. Yes. We'v had far too many of those in a row.
      I did like that they used a different face mold this year though. And hair with different colors all mixed in.
      We definitely need a GOTY doll with a different race. How about latino or asian?

      I hope you'll tell us all about it on your blog and give us signed copies or whatever.

      noted.

      Yeah.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Once I didn't study for a quiz and I got a C. I've learned my lesson.
      Yes, we are seriously awesome. Really though, how can I get my dog to listen to me? When I call his name, he kind of just stares at me…:P (Oh I just realized I read that question the wrong way…oops)
      Ikr? Traffic jams lead to so many terrible things, like car accidents/boredom if you're sitting at the back of the line.
      YES I WANT A LIBRARY TREE HOUSE TOO.
      Oh my gosh a Latino GOTY would be awesome.
      Haha, ok, I will.
      Those books are awesome.
      Yep.

      Delete
  3. MARIA IS SO CUUUUTE OMG IS SHE YOURS? WHOSE IS SHE?????
    She looks so furry :D
    Oh my God your answer to the sports question. Just perfect.
    Someone finally agrees with me about pedis and manis. My aunt who likes to make all girls wear makeup and dresses tries to drag me to a mani pedi every time we're within a hundred miles of each other, but can I just not? I like the exfoliating lotion stuff (or whatever it is) they rub on you, but I am horribly guilty of biting and picking my nails and I always get lectured by the people. Then they put stuff on that stings and paint my nails colors that chip within a few days and so only look cool for a little bit. And then once they've chipped they look lame. But I do like reading the names of the nail polish colors, though. They're often very cool and/or pretty.
    WAIT YOU HAVE FIVE DOLLS I THOUGHT YOU ONLY HAD FOUR (Andie, Lilly, Rylan, and woodland spirit redhead). DID I MISS SOMETHING WHAT IS GOING ON. OR AM I JUST FORGETTING SOMEONE YOU RECENTLY GOT.
    I love your answer to the music/art question.
    Kaya is very pretty.
    I love your informative graphic. I don't like Uggs either because I had them in like first grade but they're not waterproof (or at least mine weren't) so the moment I stepped in the snow they got all dirty and slushy and a bunch of second graders walked by and laughed at them.
    Since then I have opted for waterproof snow boots.
    But combat boots are great too.
    WINTERRRRR WOOT WOOT *winter high five*
    I thought about doing cross country, because the idea of running through fields with the warm sun on your back and forests with the sunlight making dappled patterns on the leafy floor appeals to me. But then again I hate running. So I have decided I will just find some nice-looking forests and fields and whatnot and walk around there on my own.
    That is a very cool thing you drew. It reminds me of a zentangle. Those are fun.
    I just bought my very first pair of asics, and I think I like them a lot. They are very comfy, and they have a mint green and purple color scheme that is very pretty.
    THANK YOU FOR USING MY QUESTIONS I AM VERY HONORED.
    I agree. Past all the way! I think it might be cooler, too.
    Hmm. I don't think being widely beloved and famous are exactly the same thing. They may go hand in hand sometimes (like with MLK JR), but in some cases, like Stalin, you can be famous without being widely beloved.
    I agree about giraffes.
    Butter and garlic sounds good.
    Awesome tumblr pic.
    Okay I will now crawl back into the hole from whence I came. FAREWELL YOUNG BLOOD.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She belongs to my cousins, who went on vacation.
      Mani pedis are just weird. I don't like your aunt.
      ALL IN GOOD TIME.
      Walking through forests is an extraordinary activity.
      I've never even bothered to wear uggs or those flimsy sandals. I already know that I will loathe them.
      Zentangles are just as extraordinary as forests.
      Asics gel equation fits my feetsies the best. I've had the same pair for years! (I did have to go up in size a few times, but it's the same shoe nonetheless.)

      A square can be a rectangle but a rectangle can't be a square.
      A widely loved person will be famous, but that doesn't mean every famous person is widely loved.

      The goose is coming to get you.

      Delete
  4. I nominated you for some awards on my blog mccdolls.blogspot.com. Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P