Monday, September 28, 2015

Lunar eclipse

OK PUPPIES WHATS UP.
IF YOU SAID "THE MOON", THEN YOU'D BE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

My star guide buddy Brett and I took that picture last night. We used the fancy Takahashi (the 5 inch one


that tracks [as in it follows objects automatically]) with a camera screwed into the end. We took turns messing with exposure time and ISO and had to work very fast to try and get pictures of this super moon as it rose over the mountain. (I really don't think too many of those turned out- they were a tad too hazy and it wasn't dark enough for coolness yet.)  But as it got darker our pics got better and I fussed over the focus knobs like mad cause Brett got bored of that bit (it's like doing an eye test. *twist* "that better?" "Nope, fuzzy. Go the other way." And on like that for 5 minutes.) BUT THE LITTLE PERFECTIONIST IN ME WANTED THAT PHOTO SHARPER THAN THE WIT I WISH I HAVE.
This was our last photo of the night, cause Braden was anxious to have the camera and use the big telescope in the observatory.
WE DIDNT EVEN EDIT THIS. (When we edit the pictures in Photoshop we want more contrast and the colors more vibrant, but as true to the original picture as possible.) BUT YEAH IT WAS REALLY THAT ORANGE.
Here it is after we edited it.

We didn't get any pictures of the eclipse actually happening cause the moon got way too bright. It was literally casting shadows.
Can u tell I'm excited? Cause I am. Going back to my lovely space nerd paradise was the highlight of my month.
Also: star guide buddy John, being the epic nerd/geek hybrid that he is, has 3D printed a little TARDIS and put lights in.
Hell yes.

9 comments:

  1. Wow what an incredible picture!!! I so wish i got to see the moon in person but I missed it :( But I've seen some great pictures so I'm satisfied!
    -Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gwen! You have been nominated for the Liebster Award on my blog. Have a wonderful Tuesday.

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm also having a giveaway! :)

      Allie D.
      www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. THE ECLIPSE WAS BEAUTIFUL I GOT TO WATCH IT TOO. (it was also the highlight of my month)
    AND THAT IS AMAZING YOU GOT TO TAKE PICTURES, THAT IS GORGEOUS.
    and that is one fabulous TARDIS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH OOH YEAH THE ECLIPSE. I WENT WITH MY FRIEND TO MY SCHOOL FOOTBALL FIELD CAUSE ITS THE HIGHEST SPOT IN THE CITY WITH NO LIGHT AND I GOT A REALLY CRAPPY PHONE PICTURE...
    yours are amazing. be proud.

    ~J

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo!
    I saw the eclipse last year, but this year it was all cloudy :(
    Seriously, your photo is amazing, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I got to see the lunar eclipse through a nice telescope- my first time and I couldn't wait to see a few better pictures from you! Pretty awesome I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! I saw the eclipse and but sadly my camera just doesn't have the skills to capture such beauty. But your pictures are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had seen it! That is an awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P