Sunday, January 10, 2016

"Brendon Urie is my Man Crush Monday," says Donald.

Im getting better at speaking to people, I think.
For English I had to memorize a poem and present it in front of the class.
So I memorized The Jabberwocky over Christmas break, and loved it, prancing around the house reciting it, trying to find the best way to say it so it wasn't monotone or boring. I acted it out a little bit too. The interesting thing was, I was excited about reciting The Jabberwocky in front of everyone. (I'm sure most of you already know how much I loathe talking to people, so you know why this is a strange occurrence.)



AND TODAY(which is by now several days ago) I GOT TO RECITE IT!
It went all right. I don't think I stuttered or missed anything, I did the bits with the jabberwock in a scarier voice, and acted it out a bit, just like practiced. Despite how well it went, and how much the class appreciated it, I was shaking at the end. Not just my voice in the last stanza. My whole self would not stop shaking until I got back to my seat. Which was weird, 'cause the poem wasn't at all emotional and I was feeling fairly confident.
Here is The Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll.
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
      The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
      The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
      Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
      And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
      The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
      And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
      The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
      He went galumphing back.

“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
      Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
      He chortled in his joy.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

During biology, Donald and I listened to Northern Downpour by Panic! at the Disco. One of my new favorite songs now. I will be listening to more of them tonight and will tell you what I discover in the next post, if i remember.
"Brendon Urie is my Man Crush Monday," says Donald. "And Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday."  Last month I believe he had a man crush on Misha Collins. And countless others before that, I'm sure.
We usually listen to Welcome To Night vale to kill time in that class, since it's just sitting around waiting for the rest of the class to catch up and taking notes.


I have a plush dragon now. They're pretty cool. Since they're two-headed, I need to think up 2 names. Who wants to help me?



Here is a white rock atop some moss.
If we zoom this picture way out, it becomes a lot less pretty.
I'm sure this is a metaphor for how you look at life and what you choose to see and things, but I'm not in a metaphor mood right now.


I finally got a picture of my dog and his droopy eyes. Say hi to Indigo.

There were stars in my tea
(ok fine, it's just cookie crumbs.)


there was sunlight on my pillow.

Also, 29 people follow me now. That's cool. It's like a large class of kids interested in what I have to say every week. You are all lovely, my prehistoric reptilian blueberries.

In other news, several cool people have been added to the Buddies page, so be sure to go check that out. Namely, people like DJ, Rose Thorn, and Star Girl have been added.

Sunday is an icky day. the sunlight is cold and fake, or you just perceive it that way cause you know tomorrow is Monday and your homework isn't done. the dead leaves seem especially muddy. You wonder where the clouds and fog have gone, and wish they would come pack for you to wrap yourself up in, and blind you from the mud and dead leaves and the face of the swiftly approaching Tomorrow. Sure, you've stopped sitting pointlessly in the musty church for an hour every week at 8, but the empty, listless, disgusted feeling sticks. Along with that, the feeling of knowing something is coming for you and you won't do anything about it is there too.

On a happier note, I found a plastic sandwich bag of sand behind my bookshelf. It has been there since June, when I went to the beach for my birthday. I filled up a bag of sand, intending to give it to Mr. Rush, who kept plastic bags of sand from different places in the world on his desk for kids to stick their hands in when they were upset. Sand is nice that way. But the sand never made it to his classroom, so now it's in a tray on my desk, ready to be made into a rock garden. I will post a picture of that when I design something pretty.




16 comments:

  1. AHHHHH I'M SO GLAD IT WENT WELLLLL DEARRRR.
    Did your class appreciate the slithy toves properly? Did they give your recitation due offish thought?
    Donald is my new favorite person. Ah, yes, I remember his man crush on Misha Collins. I wonder who will be next?
    AGHHHH YOU'RE SO FUCKING CUTE GWEN HELP.
    Okay, that plush dragon is pretty damn awesome. Hmmmm. Let us think. How about "Ulrich Baranosky the Great and Terrible, Doom-Bringer" and "Sam"?
    Pretty nature photos :)
    AWWWWW INDIGO IS SO CUUUUUTE.

    - Ellie
    http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the slithy toves were much admired.
      My prediction is Gerard Way. I should keep a list of his man crushes.
      <3 thank you dear.
      Ok the super long and ominous name paired with Sam works so well. Complex names with lots of syllables will definitely be used, but titles like Great and Terrible, and Doom-Bringer, while classic dragon names, are a bit overdone. They want the terror to be obvious in person, without a fancy title to help things along.
      OOH! and maybe sam is the evil, fire-breathing one, and Ulrich Baranosky (or whatever I will choose) is the conscience of the two.

      ...but now i'm contradicting myself.

      Delete
    2. No, I like that idea of Sam being evil and Ulrich being the nice one who just wants to live a happy life with a nice garden and the proper amount of maple syrup on his pancakes. (P.S. if you're wondering what the proper amount is, the answer is none, because maple syrup makes pancakes dissolve in your mouth in the most irritating way.)

      - Ellie
      http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Fake maple syrup, however.
      The real stuff is just kind of gross and runny. But I've found that if you can find a decent kind of fake maple syrup, you can minimize pancake dissolvement and gagging.
      (We find the best fake maple syrup to be Log Cabin)

      Delete
    4. Wait wat.
      There is.
      There is fake and real maple syrup.
      I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL THE SAME??????
      I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL REAL????
      PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAKE AND REAL MAPLE SYRUP, MY DEAR GWENDOLYN.

      Delete
    5. REAL MAPLE SYRUP COMES FROM THE SAP OF MAPLE TREES.
      FAKE MAPLE SYRUP COMES FROM CORN SYRUP AND COLORING.
      Fake is better.

      Delete
  2. You are not alone my friend. I pretty much get that feeling every time I read something out in front of the class.Except my lips get extremely dry (we're talking about desert in the middle of a drought here).
    Perhaps you could name your dragons after peculiar food names. Bear claw and gouda if you're feeling it. Or you could name them something really shmancy and get them matching trench coats and top hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok food names are great! Fancy shmancy food names. Creme brûlée, vinegarette.. I don't know how to spell vinegarette.
      TOP HATS YES!

      Delete
  3. I just memorized that poem. It's so cool!
    ~Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just memorized that poem. It's so cool!
    ~Kara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That was fast!
      Next, try the Cremation of Sam McGee. (It's REALLY long, but also really cool.)

      Delete
  5. YOUR FACE. I REALLY FUCKING LIKE YOUR FACE.
    And those pictures man.
    Congrats on 29 followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3
      The sunlight filtering through the cedar trees is my favorite.
      Next comes 35. *rubs hands together evilly*

      Delete
  6. The Jabberwocky is the BEST poem! I am OBSESSED with The Alice books, I have over 30 different copies.

    x Rose :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ashamed to admit I've never actually read the books. Are there any more good poems in them?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, especially in Alice In Wonderland.

      Rose :3

      Delete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P