Sunday, May 1, 2016

I MADE A THING

Good day, friends! Recently I attempted sewing, and I must say it was a success. I have said previously that I don't know how to use a sewing machine, but my grandma got me one for Christmas and I have figured out how to use it fairly well. 
I made a few shirts a couple months ago, and then this Twenty One Pilots shirt yesterday night, and it turned out the best of all of them. 


I hemmed the sleeves and neck and bottom and everything, something I usually avoid doing. That went okay, except for some stitches got too close together.

And I used VELCRO! I used to just tape the backs shut because I was too lazy to go find the velcro.

If I get good at this, I'd make an etsy shop. You know, the hypothetical one I mentioned a few months ago- My dolls need a store like Hot Topic or something. I've never been into a hot topic, but I hear it's like fandom gear and band shirts.
But on top of that, we also need punk clothes and hipster clothes and clothes that don't conform to either "girl" styles or "boy" styles and, I don't know, dinosaur costumes. Everything not normal.
But I don't know how to sew.
This should be easier to achieve now that I am learning to sew.

Here, have some pretty pictures of flowers I pressed:



I have acquired another plush dragon! Problem is, I'm not sure on the names. I tried food names, but they don't seem to work. I was trying to think up fancy names, but I'm not a fancy person. Perhaps inanimate objects? Compact Disc! Toothbrush Bristle! Hand Sanitizer! No. No. This is silly. Perhaps math terms. Parabola. Sinusoid. Asymptote. Cosecant. Yeah, those work a little better.

Anyway, this is the new guy. He doesn't have wings or an extra head. His name is Asymptote. In a tangent or cotangent graph (and a few other things that I forgot), the line can go up (or down) FOREVER! IT JUST WONT STOP! It could go in the Y (Or X, but i'm mostly concerned with Y right now) direction for infinity. But it will never make it past a certain line. That line is the asymptote.
Think about it this way: Walk halfway to your front door. And then half of that. And half of that. And half of that. And half of that. And half of that. You're getting closer and closer to the door but you'll never make it, no matter how long you keep going halfway there. The door is the asymptote.
HERE I'LL SHOW YOU ON DESMOS:
Here's a tangent. y=tan (1.5 x)
Look how after the curve it goes almost straight up, but never touches the line x=1.
What if we scrolled up a bit farther? What if we zoomed in?
It looks like it touches in the first picture, but that's just cause the line is too thick. The second picture is zoomed in and you can see it still doesn't touch x=1
That aside, the other dragon, the one with wings and two heads, is now named sinusoid an parabola.
Parabola. y=x^2
Sinusoid. y=sin (x)
Go here, to Desmos to play with graphs.
When the sun sets, it turns the tops of the trees orange. It looks like they're on fire!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT SHIRT SO MUCH OMG.
    I love the math names!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  2. that shirt is the greatest.
    the pressed flowers are so pretty O.o

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! <3 And sometimes I even remember to reply ;P